Head Light Tool -
Using 360 degree feedback in 'high stakes' talent processes
5 key areas for you to think about when using 360 in succession planning, performance management and promotion
The 360 degree review is is increasingly being used as part of more 'high stakes' Talent Management processes such as performance management, succession planning and selection for promotion.
This article highlights the 5 key factors to consider when using 360 in such a way.
- Clear positioning of the process
- Involvement of an independent moderator
- Controls to enable anonymous feedback
- The use of moral contracts with everyone involved
- The use of well designed, validated and 'bought-into' 360 assessments, through piloting and an inclusive review with internal groups.