Head Light article
How your approach to Talent Management can destroy meaningfulness at work
This paper looks at how meaningfulness at work is a foundation for employee engagement.
In this paper, we draw on the research of Professor Katie Bailey and an MIT/Sloan paper which introduces the 7 Sins of Meaninglessness.
We consider these 7 sins and look at how these can be avoided by adopting specific Talent Management practices.
- #1 - Disconnecting people from their values
- #2 - Taking employees for granted
- #3 - Setting pointless work tasks
- #4 - Operating Unfairly
- #5 - Overriding employee judgement
- #6 - Isolating employees
- #7 - Making employees take unnecessary risks